The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded year-long programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. As part of the programme, the Westerwelle Foundation hosts an annual conference in Berlin: the Young Founders Conference. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and with the German startup scene.
The participants of the Young Founders Conference will have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision makers. They will also join a network of like-minded outstanding young founders from developing and emerging economies.
Deadline: December 18, 2017
Benefits of the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme:
During the year-long programme, all fellows will get access to:
- The Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany; 10 – 14 April 2018
- A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders
- Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences
- An international alumni network
Requirements for the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme for Entrepreneurs
- Have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model.
- Founders of Non-Profit Organizations are ineligible for this Programme.
- Be based in a developing or emerging country or have a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies
- There is no fixed age limit
- Possess a good working knowledge of English.