The FirstRand Foundation scholarship, to the value of R800 000 per annum, is available to South African citizens for postgraduate study outside South Africa in any discipline at an international university of their choice.
The successful candidates will have excelled academically in their chosen field and will have been able to demonstrate:
- leadership qualities;
- strength of character;
- community involvement; and
- the potential to be a destiny changer in his or her chosen field.
Deadline: January 19, 2018
Eligibility Requirements for the FirstRand Foundation Scholarship
- Preference will be given to candidates under the age of 35.
- Candidates who are currently, or have been studying overseas, will not be considered for this scholarship.
- Successful candidates are required to return to South Africa for at least five years after completing their studies.
Application Process for the FirstRand Foundation Scholarship
Confirmation of each received application will be emailed to the applicant upon receipt of his or her application.
All applications are evaluated by at least three preliminary evaluators. A long list of around 40 applicants is then drawn up and interviewed in person in Cape Town or Sandton.
Ten shortlisted candidates are selected for the FirstRand Foundation international postgraduate scholarships and should be available for final interviews held in Sandton on Monday 23 April 2018.
A final announcement will be made before the end of May 2018.
Email queries can be sent for attention Beth van Heerden at firstname.lastname@example.org