The Onassis Foundation announces its twenty-fourth (24th) annual Program of scholarships for the academic year 2018-2019 which is addressed to non-Greeks, Professors, Postdoctoral Researchers and Ph.D. Candidates for research in Greece on topics linked to Greek culture, society or economy.
In 1995 the Onassis Foundation established an annual program of grants and scholarships for research, study and artistic endeavor within Greece. The educational program is intended exclusively for non-Greeks: members of national academies, university professors of all levels, PhD holders, post-doctorate researchers and doctoral candidates.
A total of ten (10) scholarships will be awarded from which three (3) scholarships will be allocated to university professors of all academic ranks, three (3) scholarships to post-graduate researchers and four (4) scholarships to PhD candidates.
- Candidates must be:
- Persons of non-Greek descent
- Cypriot citizens are eligible to apply for Category D and E fellowship only, provided they permanently reside and work outside Greece
- Persons of Greek descent (second generation and on) are also eligible to apply for the fellowship or scholarship, provided they permanently reside and work abroad or currently study in foreign Universities
- Category D and E also applies to Scholars of Greek descent or citizenship provided they have a professional academic career of at least ten (10) years in a University or Research Institute abroad.
- The above mentioned clarification (d) also applies to Ph.D candidates of Greek descent or citizenship, who pursue post-graduate studies outside of Greece (Category C- please see below),; have conducted their high school studies and have obtained a degree outside Greece and permanently reside outside Greece for more than fifteen years
- Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation can re-apply for a fellowship only if five (5) years have elapsed since their previous fellowship scholarship.
- Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation who have twice received a fellowship cannot apply again to the Onassis Fellowships Program for International Scholars.
- No extension of the duration of the fellowship beyond the period mentioned in this announcement for each category will be permitted.
- It is not possible to postpone or defer the fellowship to a later academic year.
- The decision to authorize each application for a fellowship or scholarship is left to the absolute discretion of the Board of Directors of the Foundation. The Board takes into account the recommendations of the Foundation’s Scientific Committee, which is selected by the Board, but is not bound by these recommendations. Furthermore, the Board of Directors can either approve or reject an application without communicating the rationale. All meetings of the Board and all recommendations of the Committee are confidential and under no circumstances will they be communicated to the applicants. The submission of an application equals acceptance of all the conditions of the Announcement.
How to Apply
Online at the Foundation’s website: www.onassis.org > Scholarships > Scholarships for
Foreigners > Category C, D or E.
Applications can be submitted only electronically. Full terms and conditions are to be found in the announcement published here below.
For further information, please contact the Onassis International Scholarships Department at: 210 37 13 018, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: February 28, 2018
Find more opportunities like this at theafricanscholars