The Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition (EBPC) is open to applicants worldwide and offers a tremendous opportunity to entrepreneurs and investors alike. The Competition includes a path for Ventures (opening January 2018), as well as a path for Ideas (check back in 2018). In offering multiple prizes and prize categories, the EBPC attracts innovative ideas in education from around the world, ranging from those structured on local or global needs, public or private issues, Pre-K through adult education, and social or for-profit ventures.
Deadline: February 13, 2018
- Urban Education
- Connecting Research to Practice
- Teaching & Learning
- Technology in Grades K through 12
- Special Education & At-Risk Students
- Open & Collaborative Solutions: The Education Ecosystem
- Online & Distance Learning in Higher Education
- Global/Borderless Education Solutions
- Early Childhood Education
- Workforce Learning
If your innovation is further along in its development, the Venture path opens for submissions in early January 2018. Applicants in the Venture path are expected to already have or plan to generate revenue, grants, customers, or investors.
The Idea Path, aimed at entrepreneurs in the early stages of ideation or product/service development, recently held its IdeaFest competition finals in conjunction with the Reimagine Education Awards & Conference in December 2017. Applicants in the Idea path are expected to be pre-revenue and pre-investment.
Benefits of the Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition (EBPC) for Entrepreneurs
- Milken Family Foundation Grand Prize: $40,000
- American Public University System Prize: $20,000
- ChanceLight Behavioral Health & Education Prize: $20,000
- Venture Path Prize: $20,000