Meltwater School of Technology (MEST) offers a 12-month, full time, fully sponsored program in which the students – known as Entrepreneurs in Training (EITs) – complete a graduate-level course in software development, business and communications.
The MEST program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training and extensive hands-on project work, designed to ensure EITs master industry-proven methodologies for developing startups. This coursework is supplemented by a series of guest lectures, featuring the experiences and insights of internationally-recognized executives and successful entrepreneurs.
The course culminates in an investor pitch and the chance to receive seed funding and enter the MEST incubator.
Deadline: February, 2018
Benefits of MEST Training Program for Entrepreneurs:
- GLOBAL Staff: Senior faculty brings 20+ years of entrepreneurial experience, while global teaching fellows offer specific and expertise.
- Hands-On Projects: in addition to rigorous training, EITs gain experience building, validating and growing companies from the start
- Guest lectures: training is supplemented by guest lecturers from experienced entrepreneurs and internationally recognized executives.
- Full support: MEST is a fully sponsored program offering all EITs free meals, housing and a monthly stipend.
Development skills available at MEST:
- Core Programming languages
- Scrum & Agile development
- Java Programming
- KPI’s, Web Analytics
- Developing algorithms
- UI/UX and Web Development
Business Skills (Business and Entrepreneurship)
- Finance Accounting & Unit Economics
- Global communications
- Strategy & Marketing
- Pitching & Investor requirements
- Business Plan Development
- Target Personas
- Learn Startup Methodology
- KPI’s and performance metrics
Eligibility Requirement for the MEST Training Program for Entrepreneurs
- An entrepreneurial spirit and string desire to start a company
- Ability to work well in teams and demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Proven academic excellence
- Confident and independent thinking
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self-motivation
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines