Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the award of DAAD Msc and PhD scholarship with specialization of Fisheries. The MSc and PhD Scholarships will be available for a maximum of two and three years respectively and the studies will be undertaken at Kisii University beginning September 2018.
Deadline: February 9, 2018 (11:59pm)
Number of Scholarships: MSc Fisheries (4 Scholarships), PhD Fisheries (2 Scholarships)
The applicants must meet the following criteria for selection:
- Sc Scholarship applicants must have a minimum of upper second class or first class honours degree in fisheries or in a closely related biological sciences field of study.
- PhD Scholarship applicants must have a minimum of an Msc in Fisheries or in a closely related aquatic sciences field with above average grades.
- PhD proposals must demonstrate relevance to development, and MUST be free of any plagiarism.
- The candidates must have had their degree not more than six years ago.
- Candidates must be Kenyans or citizens of a sub Saharan African country.
- They must have proof of admission to the desired degree program.
- The applicants must fulfil all the DAAD application requirements available in the Kisii University website: kisiiuniversity.ac.ke.
Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Value of the Scholarship
- DAAD will pay tuition fees to the university per the submitted fees structure and a monthly stipend to the scholarship holder, covering cost of living including accommodation.
- DAAD rates will apply for the monthly stipend. Later increments of any fees and charges cannot be considered.
- In addition, the scholarship holder will receive an annual study and research allowance. This allowance is intended to assist in covering of any costs related to the student’s research project. The annual study and research allowance is paid in local currency and is equivalent to the amount of EUR 230.00 for Master’s scholarship holders and EUR 920.00 for Ph.D. scholarship holders.
- Within the final year of studies, DAAD pays a lump sum of EUR 1,025.00 to the scholarship holder, where applicable (in local currency). This final allowance is granted to assist in covering of the thesis production costs in the last year of the course of studies (i.e. second year for Master students, third year for Ph.D. students).
Please note that a DAAD scholarship is not a full scholarship. DAAD will only provide funding as stated above. It is not possible to apply for additional funding (e.g. laboratory, field work, conferences, technical equipment, books, travel, etc.)
Applications accompanied by a CV, required documents outlined in information sheet for
scholars both in soft and hard copy should be sent to the coordinator Kisii University –
DAAD scholarships Programme,
Research and Extension Office,
P.O Box 408-40200, Kisii.
Only nominated candidates will be informed to apply for the DAAD Scholarships in the DAAD Portal.