In May 2011, Yousef Jameel, working with the School of Global Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP), initiated the Yousef Jameel Public Leadership Program, with the overall objective of building the capacity of young competent Egyptian nationals in the areas of public policy and public administration, and preparing them for leadership roles in Egypt after the January 25 Revolution.
Deadline: February 1, 2018
A selected number of exceptional candidates are to receive a complete fellowship to pursue a master’s degree in one of the following six programs at AUC:
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Global Affairs (MGA)
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Master of Arts in International Human Rights Law
- Master of Law in International and Comparative Law (LLM)
Eligibility Requirements for the Yousef Jameel GAPP Public Leadership Program
- Egyptian nationals
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in social sciences (business administration, management, political science, law, etc.), engineering (mechanical, electrical, construction, etc.) or science (pharmacy, medicine, computer science, chemistry, etc.)
- Minimum grade point average of 3.2 or a rating of gayed geddan.
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, needed documents, and any needed additional exams as per AUC’s graduate admissions requirements
- Submit an international TOEFL IBT exam score or an IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions
- Minimum of two and a maximum of 12 years of relevant professional work experience after receiving their bachelor’s degree, preferably in public, nonprofit or international development organizations; Graduates of 2006 – 2016.
- Financial need
Duration: Students must complete their master’s degrees within a period of two and a half years including an optional semester as a study-abroad. The fellowship is subject for review every semester.
Benefits of the Yousef Jameel GAPP Public Leadership Program:
The Yousef Jameel GAPP Public Leadership Program fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees
- Student services and activities fees
- Remedial English courses
- Book allowances per semester
- Monthly stipend
- Accommodation allowance for non-residents of Cairo
- Bus transportation fees
- Study abroad opportunity for one semester according to AUC students exchange policies (travel and living expenses).