The Nanyang Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University’s foremost undergraduate scholarship is awarded to outstanding freshmen pursuing undergraduate programmes. Nanyang Scholarship recognizes students who excel academically, demonstrate strong leadership potential, and possess outstanding co-curricular records. Hence, it is important to be prepared at each stage of the application and interview process.
Please read the information below before submitting your application. If you’re short-listed, be sure to leave a great impression at the scholarship interview.
Eligibility for Nanyang Scholarship
- Open to all nationalities
- Successful awardees should read a fulltime undergraduate degree programme. The scholarship will cover the years of study at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Posses outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma OR Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- String leadership qualities and potential.
For the Biomedical sciences & Chinese Medicine Programme, the scholarship will cover the first three years of study in NTU.
Benefits of the Nanyang Scholarship
Nanyang Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on condition that the scholarship holder maintain a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- Full coverage of subsidized tuition fees (after Tuition Grant)
- Living allowance of S$6,000 per academic year.
- Book allowance of S$500 per academic year.
- Accommodation allowance of up to S$2,000 per academic year (applicable to scholarship holders who reside in NTU hostels only.)
- Travel grant of S$5,000 for an overseas programme (one-off).
- Computer allowance of S$1,500 (one-off).
- Settling-in allowance of S$250 (oneoff).
- Priority foe overseas programme.
- Participation in Scholars Orientation Programme Scholars Award Ceremony, outreach programmes and eminent speaker series.
- No bong is attached to the Nanyang Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs and international students unfer the MOE Tuition Grants Scheme
More opportunities like this @theafricanscholar