The Anita Borg Systers Pass It On Awards honors Anita Borg’s desire to create a network of women technologists helping each other. The cash award helps fund women in computing or projects that inspire and support girls and women to enter computing. We encourage recipients to “pass on” the benefits they gain from the award, creating a movement of women helping women. These awards are funded by generous donations from Systers, our online community founded by Anita Borg in 1987, and other members of the community.
Applications are open from December 20, 2017 to March 28, 2018. Any woman over 18 may apply, though she must be in or aspiring to be in computing fields. Awards range from $500 to $1,000 USD.
We encourage applications covering a variety of needs and projects including:
- Assistance with studies, job transfers, or other transitions in life
- A broader project that benefits girls and women
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field
- Assistance with educational fees and materials
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship
- Partial funding source for technical conferences
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing