Launched in 2015, The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) Entrepreneurship Programme is the largest African philanthropic initiative devoted to entrepreneurship and represents the Tony Elumelu Foundation’s 10-year, $100 million commitment, to identify and empower 10,000 African entrepreneurs, create a million jobs, and add $10 billion in revenues to Africa’s economy.
On January 1, 2018, at 12am, WAT, Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme will begin accepting applications for the 4th cycle of the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme. Outstanding African entrepreneurs who have start-ups or business ideas with the potential to grow are encouraged to apply.
Through this business development programme , the foundation will provide training, mentoring, funding and network access to catalyse growth in Africa’s most undervalued resource – its entrepreneurs.
How to Apply for the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme
All Applications must be submitted ONLINE through the APPLICATION PORTAL. You must complete an application form by answering a series of mandatory questions and uploading additional documents and identification materials. After submission, you will receive a confirmation email of receipt within 1 working day.
The TEF Entrepreneurship Programme is a Pan-African programme and open to business ideas from all the 54 African countries from which we will select the best business ideas for the programme.
How are selected applicants chosen to join the Tony Elumelu Foudation Entrepreneurship Programme?
Selection of the applicants will take place from the close of the Application on March 1st, by the Tony Elumelu Foundation and an independent Selection Committee appointed by the Foundation, against the specified selection criteria.
All applications will be judged on 5 core criteria, which are:
- Feasibility of the business idea.
- Market Opportunity: knowledge and understanding of the market, customers and competitors for their idea/business.
- Financial Understanding: understanding of the basic financial requirements of running a business, costs and revenues.
- Scalability: Demonstrates potential for replication and growth of their product or service to create jobs and wealth.
- Leadership Potential and Entrepreneurial Skills: Demonstrate leadership potential, capable of attracting people, customers and resources.
More information like this @theafricanscholar