The University of Exeter is offering up to three fully funded Postgraduate Research Global Excellence Studentships, along with several scholarships of up to £5,000, payable as a reduction of the international tuition fee for the first year of s study for 2018 entry. The award values and number of awards vary on a subject-by-subject basis.
Fully-funded scholarships in STEMM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths and Medicine) are currently open for applications. Studentships in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences will open for applications in January 2018
Entry requirements for Global Excellence Studentship
To be eligible, you must fulfil the standard entry requirements for your programme of study. Details of these can be found on the Postgraduate Study pages.
- Awards will be granted to the strongest applicants based on:
- academic excellence
- research potential
- research proposal
- The awards are available to students in the following STEMM subject areas at the University of Exeter and at all campuses.
• Computer Science
• Medical Imaging
• Medical Sciences
• Mining & Minerals Engineering
• Natural Sciences
• Physics and Astronomy
• Renewable Energy
• Sport & Health Sciences
Global Excellence Studentship: Scholarship Benefit
- Successful applicants will have their tuition and bench fees paid by the University for up to 3.5 years (42 months)
- A research allowance will be provided and a stipend to support living costs will be paid at current UK research council levels, currently £14,553 per year
Applicants will be expected to have identified and approached a potential supervisor and to have supervison agreed in principle. To help find an appropriate supervisor please use the Research Expertise search function on our Postgraduate Study pages http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/
- Applicants would be expected to start their studies in September 2018 with some flexibility possible dependent on the project.
- Recipients are expected to commit to engagement beyond their doctoral studies through examples of public engagement, accessing skills development training and opportunities, career development etc. Continued funding would be dependent on satisfactory evidence of this engagement having taken place.
This award is only open to applicants whose fee status is classed as International.
Global Excellence Studentship: How to Apply
Application is online. The link can be found at the bottom of the PhD Global Excellence Scholarships funding page or follow ‘apply to study’ above.
To apply you will need:
- A letter of application
- Research proposal with a supervisor agreed in principle
- Two references
- IELTS or equivalent (if from a non english speaking country)
Full information about eligibility, award value and other conditions can be found on our funding pages.
Click here for more information
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
More scholarships like this @theafricanscholar