The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to study at any of the following institutions of higher education:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and
- Politeknik Brunei (PB)
Academic year at theses higher institutions commences July/August 2018.
Eligibility Requirements for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-25 for undergraduate and diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for postgraduate programmes on the 31st July 2018.
- Applications for the scholarship are open to citizens of ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member countries. Citizens of other countries can apply too.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any government authority(ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. All costs incurred in obtaining certification are to be borne by the applicant.
- Applicants should be nominated by their Government.
Application Procedure and Closing Dates
- Application forms can for the 2018/2019 Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship can be downloaded from the link below:
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for Scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants ae clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address:
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
- The closing date for the reception of completed application forms, together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents is, not later than 1600hrs (Brunei time) on February 28, 2018.
- An applicant may be required to appear for an interview at such place(s) as may be determined by the institutions offering the programmes, and to sit a written examination to assess the applicant’s proficiency in English/Malay/Arabic Language (where applicable).
- The government of Brunei Darussalam reserves the right to reject any applications. The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or enquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained. Only successful applicants will be notified.
More opportunities like this @theafricanscholar